Fatal staph infection in Spokane

Gary & Jeanne Ross ross at together.net
Sun May 21 15:41:58 EST 1995

Gordon,

Septicemia (bacterial infection present in the blood) is almost always
very serious and frequently fatal.  And Staph (aureus I presume?) is
quite virulent.  The fact that your friend was relatively young and
healthy and less than 24 hours between sysmptoms and death sounds odd.  A
life-threatening pneumonia would certainly have been symptomatic!

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.  I think a further inquiry into the exact
cause of death is warranted.  BTW, I am not a physcian, but I do have
significant bio-medical training.  I hope this is helpful.

- Gary