New Ebola Outbreak?

David Bovee dbovee at phoebe.cair.du.edu
Sat Nov 4 14:28:35 EST 1995

In article <47g5jo$e2e$1 at mhadg.production.compuserve.com>,
75551.567 at CompuServe.COM says...

>    According to the CDC there were several suspect cases in Vanga,
>Zaire.  The CDC tested all the cases and all were negative for the
>Ebola virus.  I'll be happy to provide you with more info if you
>like.

	Recently, there has been a hemorragic fever emidemic in the
Nicaragua/Honduras area...21 dead and 1600 ill according to this mornings
news.  CDC and others are trying to to assess cause.  They suspect it is
related to the four times normal rainfall this season (totalling out at 17
feet) and the rise in rodent/mosquito populations.