cycloheximide drug sensitivity in bacteria

ChuCDJK chucdjk at aol.com
Mon Nov 13 19:22:55 EST 1995

Does anyone know anything about the bacterial gene encoding sensitivity to
the drug cycloheximide?  Specifically, we need to know which bacterial
strains to use, and whether the gene is to be found on the bacterial
genome, plasmids, or both.  We are researching the randomness (or
conversely, the site-specificity) of phage insertion, and are testing the
loci of the prophages by testing which genes have been interrupted by the
presence of the prophages.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Chenghuan Chu and Melinda Lee