Emerging Viruses...?

Steve B. stevenb at zoom.com
Tue Oct 24 20:37:08 EST 1995

rmason at chat.carleton.ca (Rob Mason) wrote:

>I am looking for information that involves the correlation between the
>destruction of the rain forests and emerging viruses.  I am interested
>in books, journals, internet addresses on the subject, etc.  I would
>appreciate any help that you may provide.

This is only a partial answer - there is a very good article in the October 1995 issue of Scientific
American - p.56 - entitled "Emerging Viruses" ...'Hemorrhagic fever viruses are among the most
dangerous biological agents know.  New ones are discovered every year, and artifical as well as
natural environmental changes are favoring their spread'.