Discovery of Ebola virus?

Mr. Goodbar glenalan at mars.superlink.net
Thu Oct 26 17:28:53 EST 1995

Elizabeth Johnston wrote:

> I believe the AIDS highway reference only means that Ebola originated in
> an area where AIDS spread rapidly due to people traveling along that road
> (I forget its actual name)
> Betsy Johnston

The road is called the Kinshasa Highway which stretches across Africa from Point-Noire on the
West Coast, through the Rainforest in Zaire to Mombasa on the East Coast of Kenya.  Some
contend that this highway facilitated the spread of the disease(s) by allowing otherwise isolated
villages to contact others.  Others try to debunk this theory.  But then again, who would have
thought that a Legionare's convention a number of years ago could have had anything to do with
the discovery of a new disease?

Glen
--

pub   768/CA963CBD 1995/03/25 Glen A. Pannicke <glenalan at mars.superlink.net>
Key fingerprint =  6A 8E CF 4D D0 E3 61 DD  46 70 02 12 13 F9 12 B7