Alien Viruses

Douglas Hart gvpv22 at
Sun Oct 29 19:44:22 EST 1995

Yet another characteristic of the family Rocketviridae is the unique mode
of replication of the genetic material by the viral enzyme
extra-transcriptase (ET). Our group is currently studying apparent
Rocketviridae isolates by ET assay, but we are having trouble in
consistently determining the existence of the virus in vivo. Repeatedly,
individuals who claim to have identified the virus fail to provide
evidence that stands up under closer scrutiny. Any help on this matter
would be most welcome.

Douglas Hart