antigen presentation and enhancing antibody

Hoan Phan seq6 at sfsuvax1.sfsu.edu
Tue Oct 31 16:01:32 EST 1995

Hello netters,

I have a couple questions that been nagging at me, does anyone have any
idea how is antigen presentation with MHCI in infected cells and cancer
cells differred from those of presentation of antigen with MHCII in
granulocytes, macrophages, dendrocytes, etc.. after ingestion and
digestion of foreign invaders? What is responsible for the binding of
those foreign antigen to the MHC complexes?

A second question - has there been any research done on distinguishing
what make an antibody protective and how do some antibody become enhancing
antibody - apparently they both bind to the viral particle - What makes
one neutralizing and the other enhancing the introduction of the virus
into the host thru (I guess) its Fc receptor? This question is relevant to
HIV infection. Thanks in advance, and any reference would be greatly
appreciated.

--
       Anh Hu`ng na(`m xo' bu.i tre,
 ruo^`i bu kie^'n ddo^? cu~ng khoe anh hu`ng.

                                    Hoan Phan