Viruses as prey?

Vasconcelos Costa 385 jcosta at pen.gulbenkian.pt
Fri Sep 1 02:29:31 EST 1995

> From: york at mbcrr.dfci.harvard.edu (Ian A. York)
> To: "bionet.virology mail newsgroup" <bionet-news at dl.ac.uk>
> Subject: Re: Viruses as prey?
>
> I must have missed it, because I'm sure that someone in this
> viruses-as-prey thread must have already pointed at hepatitis delta
> virus, adeno-associated virus, and some of the plant viroids.  If not,
> then I just have.
>
> Ian
>
> --
> Ian York   (york at mbcrr.harvard.edu)
> Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St., Boston MA 02115
> Phone (617)-632-3921     Fax  (617)-632-2627

This message is very cryptic for me. Is Ian suggesting that those viruses
are preys to HBV, adenoviruses (what else, in the case of viroids?)? Or are
they the predators? I can't imagine anything in their biology that could
justify any of the assertions.

Joao

I  GGG   CCC    Dr. JOAO V. COSTA                     e-mail:
I G     C       Laboratorio de Virologia II              jcosta at gulbenkian.pt
I G  GG C       Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia       phone: +351 (1) 4435750
I G   G C       Apartado 14, R. Quinta Grande, 6      fax:   +351 (1) 4435625
I  GGG   CCC    P-2781 OEIRAS Codex, PORTUGAL