GLYCOSYLATION

MSLADE at RNA.BIO.MQ.EDU.AU MSLADE at RNA.BIO.MQ.EDU.AU
Wed Sep 13 21:55:31 EST 1995

All these expression systems do not make complex type N-linked oligosaccarides
and do not produce sialic acids.  Bacculovirus is likely to be most like
mammalian glycosylation pattern, adding high mannose N-linked oligosaccharides.
O-linked glycosylation in plants can be very different structures to mammalian
glycosylation (eg containing xylose) and can be very immunogenic in mammals.

Even mammalian expression systems may not have authenic glycosylation, if you
know what the glycosylation should be?

Best wishes, Martin Slade