Question for Virology Profs and Majors

Don Haut c601591 at mizzou1.missouri.edu
Thu Sep 28 07:55:37 EST 1995

In article <44d545$ht3 at mark.ucdavis.edu>, ez049598 at chip.ucdavis.edu (Silly
Bean) wrote:

> I was wondering if I will need to attend Med. School to get a Ph. D. in
> Virology and what schools would be good choices for grad school. Any help
> will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

As far as I know you will not need to attend med school to get a PhD in
virology.  If you are really interested in the viruses then I dont think
you should consider Med School.  In Med School, they are interested in
making you a good technician of humans (as they should be) and not
necessarily an expert in viruses.  You will learn about viruses in Med
School but not the way you would at any good virology curriculum.

I dont know who offers a good graduate program specifically in virology
but I do know that many schools virology program is combined with the
departments of microbiology or molecular biology.

Good Luck,

Don

Don Haut
Molecular Microbiology and Immunology