Ursula Keuper-Bennett howzit at
Sun Apr 14 18:53:05 EST 1996

In article <4krqsb$47e at>,
   gronvold at (Vidar Grønvold) wrote:

>      Bacteria can be either deletrious or helpful in an organism. But
>what about virus. Is there known any helpful function of virus in
>nature? I find it hard to believe they exist as only a deletrious

The only helpful virus I can think of is the one implicated in
myxomatosis (disease of rabbits).  As I understand it, Australia was so
overrun with rabbits, the disease was purposefully introduced to control
their population.

So for Australians the virus was helpful.  I think the rabbits would
assess things a tad differently however.

Best regards,

                      ^                  Ursula Keuper-Bennett
                     0 0                 Mississauga, Ontario
            /V^\     I I    /^V\         Email: howzit at
          /V     Turtle Trax    V\       Visit the Turtle Trax Toon at:
        /V      Forever Green     V\