Control of Viral Diseases in Humans

tracy mcgaha bigfreak at uknor.edu
Mon Apr 15 17:53:28 EST 1996

 It has been my observation over the years that there are no really
effective treatments for a viral infection itself . While there are
drugs to treat the symptoms of the disease , the drugs to combat the
infectious agent itself are experimental , and to a large degree
ineffective . It seems that our knowledge of the viral life cycle is
still too vague at this point to really find a effective way to combat
them .The best defense for an infection is still the good old fashioned
immune response .