Ebola scare in South Texas Update FINAL

Michael Rivero rivero at accessone.com
Tue Apr 16 22:27:26 EST 1996

In article <mdeanDpy0DK.Ez2 at netcom.com>, Mark Dean <mdean at netcom.com> wrote:
>Great, now the conspiracy wackos will be all over this.  Saying that it
>really IS Ebola (reston) and the Army and CDC are just covering it up.
>They wouldn't do that; look how they handled it all in Reston.  Oh.  Yeah.
>

>Charles Hoffman <choffman @pelican.davlin.net> wrote:
>>Not ebola!
>>Employees at the SouthTexas Primate facility report tonight just now,
>>that the State of Texas and the U.S. CDC representatives verified that
>>the dealer supplied 100 monkeys, where 2 tested positive for a unknown
>>virus, was in fact not ebola, but filo-virus.

  "Filo-virus" is a family of viruses including Marburg, Ebola Sudan,
Ebola Reston, and Ebola Zaire (I am not aware of the Gold Coast outbreak was
a seperate strain).

  So, according to the above, we have an unknown virus that is in the
same family with Marburg/Ebola.

--
============== P I X E L O D E O N   P R O D U C T I O N S   ==============
|  Mike & Claire - The Rancho Runnamukka http://www.accessone.com/~rivero |