Viruses in a vector

Ursula Keuper-Bennett howzit at io.org
Sat Apr 20 07:03:31 EST 1996

Greetings,

OK.  I believe that a disease is possibly being transmitted by a vector.
 The vector is a fish.  (Actually several species of fish have been
observed performing "cleaning" behaviour)

I figure tissue, material and the viruses gets carried around by the
fish.

My question is this.

If I captured one or several of these suspected mechanical vectors,
would a lab be able to detect the viruses after (say) 24 hours or more
has passed. (Could be in the dentition for example)

I know from my readings that viruses can't survive on their own for any
length of time.  Hmmmm... I guess I have another question.

Can dead viruses be detected in such a scenario?

Thank you

                      ^                  Ursula Keuper-Bennett
                     0 0                 Mississauga, Ontario
            /V^\     I I    /^V\         Email: howzit at io.org
          /V     Turtle Trax    V\       Visit the Turtle Trax Toon at:
        /V      Forever Green     V\     http://www.io.org/~bunrab/toon.htm