smallpox destruction

Ian A. York iayork at
Tue Apr 23 20:08:19 EST 1996

What's the latest on the destruction of the final smallpox stocks?  I
know the WHO once again recommended their elimination early this year; I
have an idea I saw (?Nature News and Views?) a comment saying they were
scheduled for destruction in summer 1997, but I can't find that
reference.  (Medline updates are out of date now, aren't they?  Some
problem with entry?)

Anyone have a better memory than me?

Ian York                        |  I find that I have,
iayork at                |  as a result of this post,   |  grown to hate haiku     --Jennifer Mullen