Patricia O'Neill patricia at
Sun Feb 4 18:41:19 EST 1996

In article <4evi9u$hqn at> bd100 at "barry" writes:

> Hi, I'm looking for information on the culturing of polio viruses. I am
> aware that this involves tissue culturing, but know little else. I would
> be grateful of any information on this subject.
> Thanks in advance,
> Barry Daly

There are various standard medical microbiology textbooks which would have
information, but if you want practical advice on how to do it, the simplest
thing to do is phone your local hospital, presumably York District Hospital
and ask to speak to the consultant medical microbiologist. He/she will be
able to put you in touch with whoever does their virus culture, probably
Leeds?, and you could arrange to talk to them and maybe visit etc.

Patricia O'Neill