post-doc position/financial support requested

fcourch at biomserv.univ-lyon.fr fcourch at biomserv.univ-lyon.fr
Tue Feb 27 07:32:46 EST 1996

Maybe someone on this list will be able to help me.

I am a graduate student in the "Biometrics, Population Genetics and
Biology Laboratory" at the University of Lyon, France.

The aim of my Ph. D. thesis is the epidemiology of Feline Immunodeficiency
Virus within populations of domestic cats (Felis catus).

I have constructed a deterministic model describing the dynamics of this
virus within cat populations. The results of this model have been
completed by an epidemiological study (data analysis) of two populations
in rural and urban habitats, over a period of three years.

This work has already led to several publications in international
journals (J. Theor. Biol., C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris, J. Biol. Syst.) and
other papers are submitted or in preparation.

My thesis will be finished within one month (support date: 1 Apr. 96), and
I wish to complete my research formation by a post-doctoral position, (in
California, mainly because my wife has a post-doc position next year in La
Jolla, San Diego).

I am very interested in conservation biology, and believe my experience in
epidemiology (modeling, statistical analysis and field experiments) could
be an interesting contribution in this field.

I have contacted several people, and some of them are interested, but I am
still desperately looking for financial support.

I would very much appreciate if you could inform me on American
post-doctoral fellowships, as well as available post-doctoral positions.

If you wish, I will provide a curriculum vitae, a Ph.D. summary and a
selection of reprints. Please contact me for any further information.
Yours sincerely,

Franck Courchamp

Laboratoire de Biometrie, Genetique et Biologie des Population
Tel:  33 72 44 81 42  Fax:  33 78 89 27 19
fcourch at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr