Moderation needed.

Adrian.Philbey at SMTPGWY.AGRIC.NSW.GOV.AU Adrian.Philbey at SMTPGWY.AGRIC.NSW.GOV.AU
Thu Feb 29 00:40:32 EST 1996

          I am new to the virology newsgroup but have been trying to
          make a few contributions to the best of my abilities. I
          agree that some form of moderation would be beneficial by
          screening out irrelevant topics and I support Dr Blomberg's
          proposal.

          A problem at present is also the small amount of material
          being posted to the newsgroup from the scientific community.
          There is barely enough traffic to sustain some of the more
          relevant topics and so interesting threads die out without
          receiving adequate debate. Perhaps the current subscribers
          could increase the amount of effort they put into posting
          scientific issues to the newsgroup, which then might
          encourage more virologists to subscribe. Also, we shouldn't
          be discouraged if our postings fail to attract any response,
          since many people are probably still reading them.

          Adrian W Philbey
          Veterinary Research Officer
          Virology Section
          Elizabeth Macarthur Agricultural Institute
          Private Mail Bag 8
          Camden  NSW  2570
          Australia