Immunology to Fight Cancers?

Bayu Prawira bayu at euronet.nl
Sat Jan 6 13:33:03 EST 1996

iddavis at vms.cis.pitt.edu wrote:

>In article <bayu.246.0012E825 at euronet.nl>, bayu at euronet.nl (Bayu_Prawira)
>writes:

>> I'm wondering whether this idea has been tried or not.
>>

>Yes.  There are whole companies and academic institutions devoted
>to this idea, including ours.

>Ian Davis			iddavis at vms.cis.pitt.edu
>University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute

Would you like to share about how is the progress and what are the
problems? And whether some articles from your research have been
published?

According to my opinion, -as a non-researcher-, the primary cancer
cells can survive from immunology reaction of the body because they
grow very slowly at the beginning, allowing them not to trigger the
immune system at the alarming state, and most probably they develop
something to cover up their membrane cells to the immune system
recognition. But I believe all cancer cells can be recognised as alien
cells if they are exposed to the body in quite a big quantity and
uncovered. I think it may be good to 'wash' the cells carefully and to
kill the cells without destructing them before preparation.

I believe you also have thought about it and have done it. What I want
to know is your comments.

Bayu P. Hie, MD