The Hot Zone

EdRegis edregis at aol.com
Sat Jan 13 09:57:00 EST 1996

>I have a question for those who are more intimately
>familiar with individual case accounts of Ebola infection
>than I. How many (if any) deaths have there been among
>European or American patients *who were treated in Europe
>or the US* and not in Africa?

The answer is: zero.  There was the Swiss primate researcher who
contratced EBO-Ivory Coast in that country in November, 1994, was brought
to Switzerland, and survived.  And there was the case of Geoffrey Platt,
who got Ebola from a laboratory needle stick injury in the Porton Down lab
in London, and survived.  That was in 1976 or 77.  Those are all the
cases.

Ed
edregis at aol.com