Parvo and Herpes, the horse or the cart???

K. Weber kweber at efn.org
Sun Jan 14 00:45:17 EST 1996

	Dear Sharre,

	I am sorry to hear this.  My understanding is that Chronic
Fatigue and Immune Dysfunction Syndrome can involve many, many other
infections, some common and some unusual.  Internationally it is known as
Myalgic Encephomyelitis, and it can be caused by any virus capable of
infecting cell lines.  A multiple etiology is more common than not. There
are a lot of treatments which are not dependent on etiology for their
effectiveness, though individuals respond to different treatments.  If
you begin seeing a lot of muscle pain and fatigue down the road, Oregon
Medical Labs has Chronic Fatigue panels.  I cannot think that anyone who
has been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome should be told that they
don't have it because a specific viral infection has been identified.
	Marilyn Jio at the Hanford Resorce Center has a wide knowledge of
Oregon resources and might be able to help you.  We have opportunistic
issues in our area because of the Hanford releases.

				Sincerely,

					Kathleen
					Eugene, OR

Marilyn Jio:  GPRX91A at prodigy.com