moderation needed ?

D.A. Shivak g9526403 at mcmail.cis.McMaster.CA
Sun Jan 14 14:56:02 EST 1996

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.960113214836.11814C-100000 at garcia.efn.org>,
K. Weber <kweber at efn.org> wrote:
>	What if technical issues were boldfaced, or the nearest
>equivilent, and more laymen issues were not?  I think some
>cross-pollenization is possible from the amateurish discussions.  I like
>some moderated groups and very much dislike others.  I think it depends
>on the moderator.
>					kw

	Also, is it possible to assemble a FAQ detailing posting
etiquette on b.v.?  The FAQ could include some information and web
pointers to answer questions that seem to recur every few days... e.g.
Ebola / AIDS / Hot Zone questions.  I suppose this assumes that people
will read the FAQ, which does not seem to be the case in other
newsgroups.  Also included could be descriptions of other biology-related
newsgroups which may be more appropriate for one's queries.  Is it a pipe
dream to think this will improve the signal to noise ratio (of which this
post is a part, unfortunately)?

Dave

Dave Shivak g9526403 at mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca, ae047 at freenet.hamilton.on.ca
http://www.freenet.hamilton.on.ca/~ae047/Profile.html
"Scientists have odious manners, except when you prop up their theory;
then you can borrow money from them." - Samuel Clemens