Call for FINAL arguments - Vaccines

C. Greiner cgreiner at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
Tue Jan 16 01:40:42 EST 1996

It is obvious from observing the debate which had originally been of the
merits vs. detriments of polio vaccine, that there are two differing
viewpoints that are completely unable to persuade the other. The
combatants, however, feel that to wave the white flag would allow the
other group to win over the minds of undecided observers and thus
potentially the innocent bystanders may be harmed by following the
opponents lifestyle. Thus I propose there is but one solution, that is to
provide a form, which is to follow, and adequate time (1 week)
to make their final arguments then we can resume discussion of topics
concerning the scientific/medical study of viruses for which this group
was created. Other individuals whom would rather discuss topics such as
alternative medical treatments could then return to groups for which that
subject is the focus. A form will be provided for each side
(pro-vaccination, con-vaccination), reply to the form, state your argument
then repost so others can add to your comments. THERE WILL BE NO REBUTTAL
PERIOD, so I suggest you make your arguments clear and concise complete
with your references so as to lend validity to your arguments. At the end
of one week (Jan. 23rd, 1995 in USA) no further articles should be posted.
I ask that you please not respond to the arguments posted by the other
faction as if your position is sound you shouldn't need to. Personal
assaults would not be appropriate for an intellectual debate.