The Hot Zone & The New Republic

EdRegis edregis at aol.com
Tue Jan 16 08:49:17 EST 1996

Hans wrote:

>I really don't know what's the point with the "zero". Does it mean that
the US health system would have had a simple task to cure Ebola patients,
if Reston '89 had been Ebola Zaire? Or does it mean that a few cases of
AIDS in the early 80's, would only be an indication of a small problem?

It means that zero patients in Western hospitals have died of Ebola.
That's all it means.

>Have I entered a discussion group for literature?  I thought
that everybody in this Virology Discussion group was discussing
aspects virology.

No Hans, you've entered a discussion forum where people are held to
standards of factual accountability.  If you can't take responsibility for
your mistakes, then don't make them.

>CDC and USAMRIID need more funding - not less
Gee whiz, I thought that everybody in this Virology Discussion group was
discussing aspects of virology.  Since when did this become a political
hash group?

Ed