Hanta virus status

d hayman hayman at mcn.net
Thu Jan 18 14:27:33 EST 1996

and am interested in learning of the current status and
epidemiology of the virus.  There have
been no re-occurences.  Is there any evidence that the virus is
restricted to warmer areas?

Our area (northern Montana) has a significant amount of grain
milling, and it was my feeling that the agent arrived from
infected mice via rail and the grain shipments. Subsequent CDC
investigation relating to the fatalities was inconclusive, at
least that which was reported to the public. One of the
fatalities was an employee of a mill.  The investigation did
establish the virus occurring in local mouse populations, though
I do not recall the tests used to confirm isolation.

Please excuse the rather cryptic message.

Thankyou for sources and/or information.