African "AIDS" myth is falling apart

Joao Vasconcelos Costa jcosta at pen.gulbenkian.pt
Fri Jan 19 04:15:33 EST 1996

charles mccarthy wrote:

> In <30FDFAC4.4D07 at pen.gulbenkian.pt> Joao Vasconcelos Costa
> <jcosta at pen.gulbenkian.pt> writes:
> >
> >Is furanose also responsible for positive PCR tests???

> >Dr. JOAO V. COSTA                        mailto:jcosta at gulbenkian.pt
> >Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia     Apartado 14, P-2781 Oeiras Codex
> >PORTUGAL                 phone: +351(1)4435750   fax: +351(1)4435625
>
> The following was posted on misc.health.aids in response to an original
> posting on "furanose":
>
> This is an excellent example of how nonsense written by the
> scientifically naive on behalf of some helpless, but supposedly
> educated professional "patient", gets posted by a feckless PhD on
> behalf of the few without a clue- the "non-thinkers" or as the old
> Pentecostal ministers would say, those afflicted with "stinken
> thinken".
> (...)
> In the final analysis,  those who need attention, those with personality
> disorder, and the bored decadent who post this kind of unadulterated
> bullshit, and purport its usefulness in support of some perverted effort to
> claim a pandemic viral infection doesn't exist, will be better off finding
> a cure for their own insatiable need to be harmful to the other person for
> the sake of their own convenience.

I am not sure that I have understood McCarthy posting and I think it
may be confusing for people that didn't read the original posting.
I didn't quote it since it was very long.
I don't remember whether the original sender was identified as a
PhD; so, I am not sure who is for McCarthy a "feckless PhD".
The question I posted and is quoted by McCarthy was a very plain
argument against a new version of non-HIV AIDS, exclusively based
on the thesis that positive Elisa or Western tests were caused by
immune reactions against nonviral antigens (in this case, furanoside
polysacharides). Not to dissert against this, I just pointed the
PCR question as something that even a layman could understand.

Dr. JOAO V. COSTA                        mailto:jcosta at gulbenkian.pt