CFIDS

Nigel Smith ns10005 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 22 12:15:10 EST 1996

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.960120132222.14501A-100000 at haus.efn.org>, "K.
Weber" <kweber at efn.org> wrote:

> On 15 Jan 1996, Bruce Phillips wrote:
>

> >       There have been several postings recently concerning polio and
> > CFIDS.  Could someone define CFIDS and its relationship to polio or
> > other picornaviruses, or any other virus, please?  Thanks.
> >

> >         For a discussion of polio vaccine contaminants isolated from
> FM/CFIDS/ME patients, I think you should check Dr. Martin's Web site.
> All we can really conclusively show at this point is that FM/CFIDS/ME
> patients, unless I am out of date, is that we have viruses in our blood and
> other bodily fluids which are not
> normally found in healthy individuals.

Has it been shown whether CFIDS 'allows' viral infection, rather than
being caused by it? Have similar virii been cultured from CFIDS sufferers,
or does each have their own virus?

When I peaked at Dr. Martin's Website, there was only mention of 'a
patient' in each case study, nothing seemed to tie the studies together.

Has the research stopped? The last update appeared to have been in August '95?

Interested, but sceptical,

      Nigel