regulation of expression from retroviral LTRs

doug howe doughowe at MED.UNC.EDU
Fri Jul 12 18:16:11 EST 1996

I have been using a recombinant retroviral vector to express the green
fluorescent protein in primary cultures of Schwann cells.  I have
observed a decrease in the intensity of the visible GFP over time, and
think that it may be related to the rate of proliferation of the cells.
Does anyone have any information on what may cause a change in expression
driven by murine leukemia virus LTR?  Any information about what effects
the persistence or stability of infection by a retrovirus?

 In addition I wanted to get anyones input on whether or not expression
from a recombinant retroviral vector was possible prior to its
integration into the genome,and how long such an event might occur for?

Doug Howe
UNC-Neurobiology