hydrophobic protein

Steven_H Harwood harwoods at AVA.BCC.ORST.EDU
Thu Jul 18 00:24:47 EST 1996

On Wed, 17 Jul 1996, 312cclai wrote:

> Hi, everybody:
>
>    I have tried to express a short and extreme hydrophobic viral protein
> (E5) for more than one year but get nothing.  Does anybody can share your
> similar problem in your experience with me?

It would be helpful for you to describe your experiment a bit more
thoroughly, e.g., expression systems tried, bacteria?, insect cells?,
yeast?  what types of tags might be included on the vectors you're using
His6, GST?  And whether you need native, fully processed forms of the
protein for bioactivity , or can you use unprocessed or denatured forms
of the protein, say for polyclonal Ab production.  I'd be happy to offer
what kind of advice I could.  You can respond to me personally if you
wish.

Steve Harwood, Ph.D.
Department of Agricultural Chemistry
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR  97331
harwoods at bcc.orst.edu

"If you're not part of the solution, You're part of the precipitate"