Filovirus

Sunrise666 at aol.com Sunrise666 at aol.com
Mon Jun 10 16:55:35 EST 1996

Hello my name is Megan Wong and I need to conduct an interveiw with somebody
that is well informed with the filovirus.  I understand that it is very short
notice but I need to complete this interview today.  Unfortunately, the
person that I was suppose to interveiw canceled at the last minute.  So if
you could be of possible assistance it would be much appreciated.  Please
feel free to E-mail me your responses as soon as possilbe.  Thank you for
your time.

                                              Interview Questions

1) How can you distinguish the four filoviruses from each other when viewed
under a microscope?
2) Ebola Zaire is sought to be the deadliest disease known to mankind so far.
 What do you think?
3) In the 1995 case of Ebola Zaire, infected patients were injected with
blood from survivors of the virus.  Why did this increas their rate of
survival?  How can this knowledge help us create a cure?
4) Do filoviruses follow a general pattern for infection dates, or do
different filoviruses have their own individualized schedules?
5) Which filovirus would you say Ebola Reston is most closely related to?
6) What is the likelihood of Ebola Zaire becoming airborne?
7) How many of the seven proteins have been identified?  What are they, and
how do they vary between the strains?
8) Are there any similar patterns between AIDS and Ebola Zaire?
9) Is AIDS considered a type hemorrhagic fever?
10) After the Texas incident have there been stronger measures taken to
protect the public from future incidents?