ebola host

Pat Herring Pat-JohnH.Fresno at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jun 14 00:29:27 EST 1996

Maybe I shouldn't be poking my nose in to a subject which I do not know much about;
but I was wondering, Most cases (maybe all) have occured in people who ate monkeys
or were working in the rain forests.  I kept thinking; what if Ebola is not a new
desease?  What if it had just been hiding somewhere deep in the forest?  I know that
scientists have captured many flying insects and various animals to see if they
carry the virus, but what if the host is an insect (Yes, an itty bitty bug!) which
lives in some of the trees?  Which would emerge at any given time and bites other
animals?  Such as humans, chimps, and monkees; could the different strains of the
virus be due to the fact that there may be different types of these bugs?  I would
welcome any reply which explains (in terms a highschool student could understand)
why or why not.