Adenovirus Protocol...help!

Gerard Fernandes bc980 at freenet.toronto.on.ca
Sat Mar 9 16:53:27 EST 1996

We are working with an adenovirus that is known to replicate while in the
continuos cell line HEK-293.  However, it doesn't appear to grow well in
HeLa cells.  CPE is evident in HEK-293 cell monolayers, but there is a
block in release of cell progeny virions and restriction to a single
cycle of infection in the HeLa cells.

We are attempting to compare the replication kinetics between the two cell
lines and are in search of the appropriate protocol (specifically, the
infection conditions, sampling times, harvesting of progeny virus, and
measurements of progeny virus yield).  If you are aware of any protocols
dealing with such an experiment, or if you have any ideas, please pass
them on as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time,

		Gerard and Neal

Please email-  g.fernandes at utoronto.ca
--
HI this is my new account, so start writing me here!!!! Thanks!!