Moderation needed.

Chris Kenedi ckenedi at acad.umass.edu
Tue Mar 12 20:45:52 EST 1996

While the worst offenders do cross-post somewhat haphazardly, I
don't think a strict rule would be apporpriate.  For instance
cross-posts with immunology and parasitology would seem to be
occasionally appropriate.
	I would also tend to think that the people having the discussions
on milk and the such are quite aware of the innapropriateness. I
suspect a simple rule against cross-posting would encourage them to
develop software that simply re-posted to the group.
	While I support moderation, I would hope the moderator might allow
some leeway in consideration of unconvential approaches and
hypothesis while still discussing the topics and issues of virology
that are the focus of active reaserch.

Chris Kenedi