CJD from sheep sources

Bruce Phillips bap at MED.PITT.EDU
Wed Mar 27 16:29:52 EST 1996

	Presuming that CJD forms in the U.K. are from ingested BSE-contaminated
beef, is it conceivable that ingestion of Haggis, a Scottish "delicacy"
containing sheep entrails (?) in an intestinal membrane, or other such
preaprations could passage the agent to humans.  An English post-doc in this
department described Haggis to me and this question arose in light of the
BSE- CJD issue in the U.K.  Also intriguing was my recollection, which may be
inaccurate, that the current U.K CJD cases were first described from somewhere
in Edinburgh, Scotland.  Is this true and were some cases in Scotland?