HELP

W.N.Fu eewnfu_at_eenw02po at smtpgwy.polyu.edu.hk
Sun May 5 03:29:07 EST 1996

Could you help us?    Could I help my family?

Hi,

I deeply wish you can bring  a gleam of hope to my mother, my  daughter
and me. I hope you can  help us.

My mother, my daughter and I are being infected with an unknown terrible
micro-organism. We are suffering serious pain. Doctors at the best
hospitals in China cannot cure us; they do not even know what illness it
is. We love life. I do appreciate the young life of my daughter with only
five years old. I wish we can defeat this rare disease. So now we are
asking the world -- can anyone help us?

This disease can be infected by directly contact of mucous membrane.  Its
main symptoms are: hard itch and piercing pain in all body, damage skin
and mucous membrane. I earnestly hope the microbiologists or pathologists
all over the world can help to find out the cause of this disease. On the
other hand, I think this illness is worth to study and may lead to some
new discoveries.

Because I could not find the doctors who can cure this illness in the
past days, I have to determine to study medical micro-biology for
checking pathogens. I have read a lot of books on it and have bought a
microscope by myself. I have received Master degree in Electrical
Engineering and published more than 10 papers. A few months ago, I
received the offer of research studentship for  studying Ph.D. from the
Dept. of  Electrical Engineering, The Hong Polytechnic University. But
because of the illness of my family, I have to abandon this opportunity.
For defeating this unknown  micro-organism, I DO determine to abandon my
original speciality (electrical engineering) and contribute myself to the
medical research. Because I have no ability to purchase all research
equipment and need the advice from the microbiologists, pathologists, I
wish I can enter medical university as a medical student.

This is exactly our last hope about the illness of our family. I deeply
hope:

(1) You can help us to check out the pathogen in laboratory. I am ready
to ship lab samples to you by World-wide Express Mail Service or come to
your country if necessary.

(2) Medical universities can award me studentship on the study of medical
micro-biology.

(3) If anyone has heard of patients with similar symptoms -- or have any
ideas as to what this illness could be, please contact me.

(4) If you find you cannot help our family directly, please help us to
distribute my letter to microbiologists, pathologists and medical
university all over the world. Your kind help is really appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Li Hong-liu
5, May, 1996

E-mail address:  eewnfu_at_eenw02po at smtpgwy.polyu.edu.hk