Ebola blood query

Terry Grissell mdtvg at cc.newcastle.edu.au
Wed Oct 2 09:59:13 EST 1996

In article <52rjo3$f0r at net.bio.net>, ian at dnai.com (Ian Nies) wrote:

> Has anyone heard about the doctor in Zaire who injected a nurse that became
> infected with ebola virus, with the blood of a patient who survived ebola
> infection? The story is that the nurse having been injected with patient's
> blood recovered and survived ebola infection as a result .

G'day Ian,
I think the chapter on Ebola in "The Coming Plague" (I can't remember the
author's name) will clear up your question.
Buy the book. It's a damn good read. Truth can be stranger (and scarier)
than fiction.
Cheers
Terry

--
Now, if only we had an Eskimo phrase book .... ah! Here's one!
(The Goodies)