Kitum Cave

Khalnayak 'tHe ViLLaiN' amalho at po-box.mcgill.ca
Sat Sep 21 16:20:32 EST 1996

Gerry Szeman <gszeman at earthlink.net> wrote:

>It seems to me that Johnson's excursion to Kitum was premature
>considering the lack of knowledge surrounding African viruses
>in general.  Though not much more has been learned from
>subsequent outbreaks, surely another trip might prove more
>successful given what we know now about other viruses? Perhaps
>cross-referencing research from more recent studies may help to
>narrow the parameters of future trips to the cave?

I dont think about the trip being premature.  I think it was a nice
attempt to get the nest of the virus and i also think that what he did
when he reached there was brilliant.  He tried his best to find
something in the kitum cave.   I agree that he could've waited a bit
and learn more about the virus before, but the trip was exciting at
first, (later it was disappointing cause he did not get any positive
results!) but he showed nice planning which was useful to him in
futur.