Ebola

Philip Yannella NeanderthalHead at msn.com
Thu Sep 26 12:37:03 EST 1996

I'm a student interested in learning more about the Ebola virus. I had a
couple of questions. 1) I understand that Ebola is not an airborne virus --
are there any airborne "killer" viruses out there? 2) Could someone explain to
me how exactly a virus mutates? E.g, how could the Ebola virus mutate to
become airborne? 3) How does a virologist in the field know if a virus is
being transmitted through the air? What are the warning signs? 4.) How long
does it take the CDC to verify a disease?