origins of AIDS pandemic?

daemon at net.bio.net daemon at net.bio.net
Mon Sep 30 13:26:03 EST 1996

I recently read `The White Death` by Julian Cribb. The author
suggests that HIV may have entered the human population via contaminated
polio vaccines (as did SV-40).
eg.SIVs mutate in infected monkey cell lines (to produce HIV-1  and HIV-2)
,humans are vaccinated, in a tiny proportion of vaccinees virus in
vaccine enters bloodstream via sores in mouth.

Suprisingly, there appears to be substantial evidence to support this
theory.

 I`d be very interested in hearing your opinions on this theory.

Thanks. Ruth Goldstone.