Kaposi Sarcoma Herpesvirus (HHV-8) DNA needed

Thomas Burmeister tburmei at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu Aug 28 12:02:53 EST 1997

Dear newsgroup readers !

We would like to investigate with PCR the presence or absence of HHV-8
(Kaposi sarcoma human herpesvirus) DNA in cells of various origin. Our
primers amplify a part of the capsid protein gene of HHV-8.

Our problem is that we have no positive control for this PCR yet.

My question: Does anyone know a commercially available cell line infected
with HHV-8 or a plasmid with inserted HHV-8-DNA that we could use as
positive control ?

Thanks in advance for any answer (please reply also to my email-address) !

Dr. Thomas Burmeister, Ph.D.

--
Thomas Burmeister
<mailto:tburmei at zedat.fu-berlin.de>