Position: Cell-based Bioassay Scientist

RS&A rathbun at sedona.net
Sun Jan 12 13:38:06 EST 1997

Bioassay Development Scientist

We are seeking a scientist experienced in the development of
immunoassays and cell-based bioassays for the
characterization/quantification of proteins for our biopharmaceutical
client company.  This Scientist would work on the development and
application of cell based bioassays for the measurement of specific
activity.  The incumbent will join a research team responsible for the
characterization and production of molecules for IND studies.

An ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in Cell Biology or related
discipline with 1-4 years experience working with Bioassays, Cell
Culture and ELISA.  We are seeking candidates whose research focus has
been developing and applying cell based assays for the purpose of
quantifying biotechnology products/proteins.  Working knowledge of
drug development issues and a knowledge of GLP assay validation would
be beneficial but is not required.

Experience in cell surface receptors, cytokines, cell signaling
pathways and/or control of cell cyle events is preferred.  This
scientist should have experience in assays such as cell kill assays
and cytokine production assays.

REQUIRED:
=B7 Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related discipline
with emphasis on protein characterizations. =B7 1+ years experience in
industry or Postdoc [academic or industrial] developing cell-based
assays.

If you have an interest in this or other opportunities, please email
your resume as an attached file or mail/FAX your CV/resume to RS&A to
the attention of Ann G. Rathbun, Managing Director. All correspondence
is held in strict confidence.

Rathbun, Sapir & Associates
P.O. Box 2337  Sedona, AZ 86339-2337 * USA
(520) 284-3360 Office  (520)284-3361 FAX
E-mail: rathbun@ sedona.net