Q: Human Papilloma Virus replication??

Michael Osier michael.osier at yale.edu
Mon May 5 12:40:10 EST 1997

julian at scientia.up.ac.za wrote:

> I am looking for information on the replication cycle of the Human Papilloma
> Virus.  Could anyone give me an idea of where to look, or even if this
> information exists.

the first place I would check would be Medline, if you have access...if
not, there are numerous papers for different aspects of the HPV life
cycle and different HPVs...however, it shouldn't be _too_ different from
other papillomas...
Try "Field's Virology" for summary information...looking through my
notes on papilloma, try Mohr et al in _Science_ 250: 1694-1699 for
interactions of early genes in replication...Wu et al in _J._Virol._ 68:
6097-6102 for some info on transformation...this should be a good
start...Medline would be a good finishing touch...unfortunately, I don't
have any other info handy...

good luck
Og

Michael Osier = mosier at moose.uvm.edu | "He is not well rounded who does
http://mole.uvm.edu/~mosier/         | not have an equally keen interest
BS Biochemical Science - UVM         | in all of the things within the
Yale University                      | compass of painting."
Human Genetics             - Og      | Leonardo da Vinci