hiv status (corrected - Moderator I am sorry if there are multiple

Jay Richardson jprichar at iupui.edu
Tue Sep 2 17:51:06 EST 1997

Now that summer is over perhaps we can revive this forum with a
little exploration of the status of the Aids epidemic.

The United States press has been filled with (on balance) news of
encouraging new treatments and falling death rates.

Yet, last week we learned that Aids has become the leading
cause of death in Tanzania, and that Russia and India are having
serious problems containing the spread of the virus.

Drawing on an excellent discussion in this forum, see

"http://www.bio.net/hypermail/VIROLOGY/9508/0195.html".

I decided to create a web site dedicated to providing the latest and
most accurate facts possible.

RadComNet now begins it's third year of service.  Seeking to answer
only two questions.

1.  Is the Aids epidemic increasing or decreasing it's spread
into the human population?

2.  How many people who contract the disease Aids get well?

While the Garry Lab carries this site as "Weird Virology", I invite you
to visit RadComNet at

"http://www.angelfire.com/vt/RadComNet",

and form your own opinion.

                        Ronnal E. Chancellor