Your recent article on the use of non-human embryos for cloning points

+ at globeandmail.ca + at globeandmail.ca
Sat Dec 12 01:58:48 EST 1998

Your recent article on the use of non-human embryos for cloning points
out a major misunderstanding in the true nature of being a biological
human.

The assumption is that nucleus DNA is the only DNA in a human cell.
There are other components that are as important and are only inherited
>From the mother's embryo, namely mitochondria DNA which is outside the
nucleus that carries out an important part in the chemical-energy
processes of every cell within us.
Also there has been recent discoveries that indicated that a human cell
has an unusual coating that seems to
be critical to neurons and may be the cause of our distinct higher
intelligence.

The Jewish religion believes that some bloodlines only pass through the
mother’s side.
Mitochondria DNA and other non-nucleus components are only inherited
>From the mother embryo.

Therefore, a cloned human utilizing a non-human embryo will never be
100% human!

If we utilize a cow's embryo or an ostrich egg to mass-produce humans,
we will
again re-create the horrors of our past enslavement of our fellow man.

By pursuing this course of capitalistic manipulation of our very being,
we are dis-inheriting our right to live.

We must stand together and boycott all firms and governments condoning
such practices.