Free practical programs for molecular biologists !!!

Rolf Kocherhans rolfk at
Sat Jul 25 13:19:05 EST 1998

I wrote a few practical and simple to use programs which facilitate your
daily work in the lab such as predicting the size of DNA fragments after
digestion (graphical) with restriction enzymes.

I would like to make these programs accessible to a broad user group by the
Internet. All programs have been tested on MacOS and Windows95.

My programs are accessible over the WWW and made functional using Netscape
2.x or Internet Explorer 2.x or higher in association with a free plugin
which you have to download and install first.

This is what you have to do:

- Download the Roadster plugin for your platform from:

install it on your computer.

- Then connect to:

That's it !!

Find here a few example descriptions or my programs:

a. Digest Preview:
Enter the size(s) of your DNA fragment(s) and see their migration pattern
in a virtual gel in comparison to a 1 kb ladder.

b. Adapter Design:
Helps to create in frame adapters in order to link incompatible DNA ends

c. Dilution Calculator:
Does all the calculations when you have to make up solutions

There are many other programs such as Oligo Tm, Compatible ends etc.

Please have a look, comments are welcome !

Rolf Kocherhans
                                    (o o)
    ___/\_    | Rolf Kocherhans               mailto:rolfk at
   /    o \/| | University Inst.for Virology
  /        _| | Winterthurerstr. 266a         Telephone: (+41) 1 6358720
 /_/\__/-\/   | 8057 Zurich SWITZERLAND       Faximile : (+41) 1 6358911