RNA and DNA

Tony L. Trinh tltrinh at learnlink.emory.edu
Sat Sep 26 19:24:41 EST 1998

    Yes, an RNA Virus uses Reverse Transcriptase to create Complementary
DNA.  The virus intergrates itself into the host's DNA as a provirus.  Then
>From the cDNA the cell yields the viral RNA and from there creates the
protiens that it needs in order to bud from the cell.  As for a DNA Virus,
they can intergrate themselves as a provirus and then have the host's cell
encode for the viral RNA and from there they get the proteins they need to
bud from the cell.  I hope that I have helped you.

G.K.