Does anyone know of a virus type

A.J.Cann nna at
Thu Apr 29 13:46:21 EST 1999

In article <WsgS2.2835$_a6.122086 at paloalto-snr1>, pjsmith1 at (Peter
Smith) wrote:

>That can actually "liquify" organs? I have heard talks about how this is
>something that Ebola is capable of, but I was wondering if there was any
>truth to this, or if there are any other types.

Yes, this is true, but its not actually the virus that does the liquifying,
rather the immune system. See:

Dr Alan J. Cann  PhD,   Department of Microbiology & Immunology,
University of Leicester,  P.O. Box 138,  Medical Sciences Building,
University Road, Leicester LE1 9HN,  UK.