smallpox extinction

bob nicolson Bob at
Fri Sep 10 15:59:22 EST 1999

Couldnt agree more, wasnt it Bernard Fields who said something about "Anyone
who thinks we have learned enough about the smallpox virus doesnt understand
virology, and that includes some famous virologists." It would be madness to
destroy it just for the sake of its destruction. As far as i know there are
only two labs in the world that we know about which contain it, what about
the ones we dont know about???
news:19990901222211.17169.00003093 at