Viral packaging of introduced proteins - Is it possible?

D. Levy bah at humbug.orf
Wed Sep 4 03:32:42 EST 2002

In article <aktnl4$hmq$1 at netnews.upenn.edu>
rosenjon at mail2.sas.upenn.edu (Jonathan Rosen) writes:

> I am curious as to whether anyone has ever packaged a "protein
> of interest" into viral particles. Even better would be if it was
> possible without also packaging the viral genome, but maintaining the
> coat proteins and fusion ability of the particles. Any references of this
> kind would be of interest, and especially those relating to
> HIV/lentiviruses.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon

J Virol 1999 Oct;73(10):8831-6Ê
Targeting human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) type 2 integrase protein
into HIV type 1.

Hum Gene Ther 2000 Mar 1;11(4):537-46
Packageable antiviral therapeutics against human immunodeficiency virus
type 1: virion-targeted virus inactivation by incorporation of a
single-chain antibody against viral integrase into progeny virions.

Mol Urol 2001 Summer;5(2):59-66Ê
Virion-targeted viral inactivation: new therapy against viral
infection.

D. Levy
---