For the Record

Tobias Hertzig tobias.hertzig at gmx.de
Wed Nov 19 05:38:02 EST 2003

i know no agent - but why shouldn't there nothing exist? imagine an
inhibitor of dna-polymerase - some virus have their own, polymerase of
bacteria is different to that of animals. you must find only the drug to
block these polymerases selectively....

a google-search gave me one "hit": some catechine would show
Antiviral/Antibacterial activity
(www.teeverband.de/texte/download/wit1-2003_01.pdf) ....but might be just a
lobby-statement???

tobi

"JB" <avngneer at hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:b2788329.0311100838.72a13a19 at posting.google.com...
> There seems to be an awful lot of confucion surrounding wether or not
> Virii are living things. I just read on a website
> http://www.herpesdiagnosis.com/herpes.html that "...herpes simplex
> virus type 2. These viruses are "ancient " living forms that infect
> most animal species..."
>
> My understanding is that Virii, being "unliving" are not like
> bacteria, and cannot be treated with antibacterial agents like
> amoxycillin, Penicillin, or Eurythromycin.  They respond to
> ANTIVIRALs, Acyclovir, Famvir, Norton : ).
>
> Is there overlap? Does an Antiviral/Antibacterial agent exist? If so,
> what is it?
> ---

---